In order to beat the sweaty and tanned summer season, the idea of citrus aromas just sounds so tempting. Grapefruit is a miracle fruit when it approaches beauty and health. With the rich content of vitamin C, grapefruit boosts collagen production in your skin to look young and gorgeous forever.
It is also weighed with citric acid, an influential exfoliator. It is also supposed that grapefruit can have the ability to lessen cellulite. Oils from grapefruit have a relaxing influence on the body that is why it is used up in body lotions, scrubs, face creams, scents and much more.
The antioxidants that are present in grapefruit will combat the free militants in the skin that can source fine lines, wrinkles, unevenness and other blotches that can affect you to look older than your age. Free militants are the elements that drift all over the body and your skin since they are not committed to anything. These free radicals attack strong and healthy cells annoying to bind to the cell barrage.
Antioxidants drift through your body and skin attaching to these free radicals, providing them something to assign and making them mild. The grapefruit juice has some healing properties that can benefit skin tone, evens out skin complexion and gradually cleanses the skin. People who are having oily skin can clear up speedily after they start the usage of grapefruit cleanser and toner.
Grapefruits are extensively cultivated in China, the United States predominantly in Florida, California and further semi-tropical southern states .The fruit has somewhat thick and rough skin when compared to oranges and inside the flesh is divided like oranges. The fruit is very vivid, juicy and sour varying in colors ranging from pink, white and red. Some fruits are seedless and in some fruits there might be as many as 50 seeds of length half an inch.
1. Grapefruit and Yogurt Pack
Take half cup of grapefruit juice and a half cup of plain organic yogurt. Mix these two things well until it becomes a thick paste. Now, apply this mixture on a clean face and neck. Leave this pack for at least 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water. The probiotics in plain yogurt fight pimples, acne, and discoloration whereas the retinol in grapefruit juice keeps away from skin damage fights fine lines and even tones the skin complexion.
2. Grapefruit Scrub
Take half cup of sugar, half cup of grapefruit juice and 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil in a bowl and mix these ingredients well. Now apply this scrub all over your body and let the salicylic acid present in the grapefruit to work on your elbows, rough patches, and knees. Use this scrub once in a week to have better results.
3. Repairs Oily Skin Breakouts
Combine half cup of grapefruit juice, 1 tablespoon of honey and a half cup of Cornmeal, mix these ingredients well until it gets a thick paste. Apply this mask on your face and wash it off after getting dried. This illuminating mask is great for oily skin or clogged skin, and it is particularly useful if you are fighting back acne.
4. Acts as Mood Booster
Grapefruit essential oil is used to make an aromatic perfume or you can also use a few grapefruit peels to pervade botanic fragrance.
5. Enhances Hair Growth
Application of grapefruit juice directly on your scalp will expel the parabens and buffs that are making your locks lifeless. It will also enhance your color a tiny bit, almost offering you high points. Apply this grapefruit juice regularly to have bouncy and shiny hair naturally.
6. Protect your Lips
Applying grapefruit essential oils to your lips can aid you not to wear dark lipstick that acts as fencing between your lips and the sun. Grapefruit juice can also have the ability to nourish your subtle skin. Prepare your own lip balm by using ingredients including grape juice, beeswax, and coconut oil.
Some other Homemade Packs of Grapefruit
• Freeze some of the grapefruit pieces in refrigerator. Massage these frozen pieces gently on face and neck for about 5-8 minutes. Wash it off and apply moisturizing cream. This pack will brighten your skin by removing dead cells.
• Combine 1 tablespoon of grapefruit pulp, 1 teaspoon of carrot juice, 1 teaspoon of sour cream, and 1 tablespoon of rice flour. Gently rub this mixture on your face, neck and body for about 30 minutes.
Then remove this grapefruit mask, wash your skin with warm water and rub it again with some amount of grapefruit juice. This mask is highly suggested for saggy skin.
• Slice the peel of grapefruit and place in the water when you taking a bath. Citrus fragrance relieves tiredness and saves from pressure.
• Just put thin slices of grapefruit on the rough and uneven skin, i.e. on knees, elbows and heels for almost 10-15 minutes. After the process, lubricate the skin with some nurturing cream.
• Take some grapefruit peel in a bowl and fill the entire bowl with cold boiled water and then strain cautiously after the completion of one day. The resultant fruit water can be used for face wash. This keeps you fresh.
• Mix 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 egg yolk and a half teaspoon of grapefruit juice. Apply this and wash it off after 15 minutes. The mask is very useful for dry skin.
• Mix half tablespoon of oat flour with 1 tablespoon of grapefruit juice. Apply this mixture on face for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with cool water. This mask is perfect for oily skin.
• Smash the pulp of half grapefruit with a spoon. Mix it with 2 tbsp. of cream. Let this mixture be cooled in the refrigerator for an hour. Then spread over the mask on face and neck for 20-25 minutes. Lastly, rinse with fresh water.
Relish this summer season with grapefruits. Look young and beautiful by just following these simple beauty tips.
ALSO READ 7 Ayurvedic Face Pack for Glowing Skin