There are wide varieties of leafy greens which are rich in nutrients, proteins, minerals etc. Doctors recommend taking leafy greens at least twice in a week to get the essential supplements to our body. Leafy greens also contain soluble and insoluble fibers, which help to lose weight as fibers are the foods that go for digestion in the last and make us feel full even taken in little amounts. Let us see the benefits of leafy greens.
Leafy Greens Benefits
1. Leafy greens help in reducing the bad cholesterol present in our blood and thereby promotes good blood pressure rate.
2. Intake of leafy greens regularly would help maintain good blood sugar levels.
3. As leafy greens are rich in fiber, they help in reducing the risk of heart diseases and type-2 diabetes by strengthening the cardiovascular system.
4. Leafy greens along with being good for body and health, they are also good for hair and skin. The water content, vitamins, minerals present in leafy greens help in maintaining good hydrating levels of the skin.
5. Few leafy greens are also rich in calcium, which help in building strong teeth and bones also reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
6. Leafy greens promote the good functioning of muscles.
7. Leafy greens are a rich source of antioxidants like vitamin C, lutein, and zeaxanthin, which help in reducing the risk of occurrence of cataracts and muscular degeneration.
8. The beta-carotene present in leafy greens helps in promoting the growth of body tissues.
9. Leafy greens can also help in reducing the problem of memory loss.
Let us see the different types of leafy greens and the health benefits they offer.
1. Spinach Leaves
1. Spinach contains phytonutrients and flavonoids like carotenoids, glucuronides, Neoxanthin etc, which act as anti-inflammatory and anticancer agents that help to prevent the occurrence of stomach cancer, skin cancer, breast cancer and prostate cancer.
2. Spinach can be used to treat high blood pressure and atherosclerosis as it contains antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin E, manganese, beta-carotene, zinc, selenium etc.
3. Spinach also contains carotenoids like zeaxanthin, which help in promoting good eye-sight. Taking spinach regularly can help you reduce the risk of occurrence of age-related eye disorders like cataracts and macular degeneration.
4. Spinach contains vitamin K, which helps in healthy growth of bones.
5. Spinach encourages the growth of bone protein.
6. The calcium and magnesium present in Spinach help in bone development.
7. Spinach is a golden nugget of vitamins, phytonutrients, minerals, and nutrients. It is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin K, dietary fiber, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, folate, iron, protein, vitamin C, vitamin B2, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, selenium, niacin, zinc, copper, vitamin B6 etc.
8. Regular intake of spinach can help you deal with the problem of early aging.
9. The vitamin A and vitamin C present in Spinach makes it a heart-healthy food as they help in reducing the cholesterol levels.
10. Spinach helps in reducing the risk of anemia in the pregnant woman.
11. Spinach helps in maintaining good blood pressure rate.
12. The beta-carotene and vitamin C present in Spinach helps in maintaining good gastrointestinal health.
13. Spinach acts as an anti-inflammatory and relieves the risk of inflammations like osteoporosis, arthritis, migraine, headache and asthma.
14. Spinach intake can help promote the good functioning of the brain.
15. Spinach is a good iron supplement. People who are suffering from iron deficiency can take spinach regularly to get rid of it.
16. Spinach along with providing health benefits also provides beauty benefits like treating dry skin and promoting hair growth.
17. Vitamin A present in Spinach helps in boosting the immune system.
2. Olive leaves
Olive leaves have many health and medicinal benefits. They have anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and antioxidant properties. You can make use of olive leaves in powdered form, liquid, tea, or capsule to treat many health issues.
1. Olive leaves are very good for skin as they act as a skin moisturizer.
2. Because of its moisturizing properties, it helps to treat dry skin. Olive oil along with honey and egg yolk can be used as a face mask to get rid of dry skin.
3. As it has antioxidant properties, it will help in treating sun damaged skin.
4. It acts as a good skin massaging agent also increase the elasticity of the skin.
5. Olive can also be used to treat many hair problems like dry hair, scalp, dandruff etc. Massaging the scalp with olive oil at least once in a week can help you get rid of hair problems.
6. Olive oil contains vitamin E, which helps in nourishing the skin. It makes the skin soft, smooth, and wrinkle free.
3. Carrot leaves
Carrot leaves can be used to treat headaches. You can make juice out of carrot leaves. Just apply some ghee onto the leaves and heat them. Press them by placing them in between your palms and take the juice out of it. Apply this juice into your nostrils that help in promoting sneeze and thereby reduces a headache.
4. Aloe leaves
Aloe has many benefits. The leaves of aloe can also be used to treat symptoms of asthma. Just steam aloe leaves and take that stem to get rid of asthma problems.
5. Radish leaves
1. Radish leaves are rich in vitamins and minerals, needed supplements for our body.
2. Radish leaves help to get rid of constipation problem as it is a rich source of dietary fibers, which help in good digestion and thus reduce the risk of constipation.
3. Regular intake of radish leaves would help in increasing the hemoglobin levels in the body also helps in reducing tiredness and fatigue of the body.
4. Radish juice helps in the treatment of bladder stones and makes urine passage easy.
5. Radish leaves powder mixed with sugar can help you treat piles.
These are a lot more leafy greens like papaya leaves, garlic leaves, onion leaves, mustard leaves, methi leaves, guava leaves, tulsi leaves, neem leaves, mango leaves, bale leaves, pomegranate leaves, orange leaves, pear leaves, bitter gourd leaves, grapes leaves, jackfruit leaves, etc. All these leafy greens have almost same type of health benefits. They offer health benefits in loads. Eating them regularly would help us treat many of our diseases and disorders while sitting at our homes. So try to include leafy greens in your diet at least twice in a week.
ALSO READ Tips To Get Healthy Skin With Milk