Yoga is capturing the attention of the masses at a rocket pace because of its amazing benefits that it cedes to the practitioners. It not only affect the physical and functional structure of a human body in a positive way but also it touches the soul deeply and helps to get rid of emotional disorders also.
Each and every functional system of the torso, including respiratory, digestive, nervous, circulatory, muscular and excretory system provide numerous benefits by performing the yoga poses that assists in decreasing the effects of disorders and promotes smooth functioning.
The respiratory disorder is hornets' nest and its treatment to a tough task to accomplish. One of the popular poses that are very helpful in lessening the negative impact of respiratory disorders is Compass pose.
The compass pose is also referred as Parivrtta Surya Yantrasana in the Sanskrit words. In the Sanskrit language, the term 'Parivrtta' means 'revolved', 'Surya' means 'the sun' and 'Yantra' means 'an instrument'.
Compass pose is not one of the poses that seems and is a cakewalk, it is one of the challenging poses of yoga. It precisely stretches out the hamstrings and opens up the shoulders.
This is the reason why this posture is practiced basically by advanced yoga practitioners and if you are a beginner then it is recommended to be performed under the strict guidance of an expert.
Compass pose demands a good deal of patience and care for performance as it is a complex pose to execute. It works as a warm up drill for the hamstrings, hips, groin, shoulders and back.
The most important gain that it caters to the body is the improvement of respiratory organ and diminishes the effects of the disorders.
• This pose nourishes the lower vertebral column and limbs.
• Compass pose encourages digestion and assists in cleaning the organs.
• This pose promotes the elasticity and flexibility of the leg and spikes.
• It increases the patience, stability, and sensitivity of the practitioners.
• Compass pose assists in detoxifying the body and relieves constipation and strain.
1. You have to sit comfortably on the ground by keeping the legs in a crossed position.
2. Then, flex the right knee, slowly take it to the chest and hold the knee there.
3. Now, raise the right leg with your left hand and entwine the right hand below the right knee by keeping the right fingertips on the floor.
4. Try to elevate the right knee onto the right shoulder higher that is possible for you. The higher you move up the knee, it is easier to execute the pose.
5. Now, place the left hand on the remote edge of the right foot and try to straighten right leg.
6. Then, slowly bring the left arm behind the head and hold your eyes on the left sleeve.
7. You necessitate to hold the pose for 10 seconds to 30 seconds and then relax, try the same by changing the side.
How Compass pose helps in getting rid of respiratory disorders?
Compass pose nourishes the lower back and limbs that help in opening the arms and thorax. This promotes the breathing capacity of the body and therefore, reduces the effect of respiratory disorders.
An accurate and regular application of the pose stretches the cells and tissues of lungs and gives more healthy enhanced respiratory system. The individual performing the compass poses seems like a compass and stretches the whole body and improves muscle flexibility.
It's high time to employ bundles of medicines and other treatments for the treatment of respiratory disorders which maximum time end in smoke.
Compass pose of yoga aids in the treatment of respiratory disorders and breathing problem and make you hale and hearty if practiced regularly. The best thing about yoga is that it does not give a negative impact on the body.