Researchers have found that exercise ball has the capacity to move twice the number of muscle fibers that traditional workouts or yoga. Scientists praise that the exercise ball has the double toning power with the moves. So, we have come up with few tips combining this exercise ball with cardio to help you reduce your belly fat and flatten it in just two weeks. To know them in detailed read the complete article.
Before you start belly workout with an exercise ball, you need to know few points.
- Between each exercise, you need to do cardio burst for 2 minutes such as jumping rope, stair climbing or stepping, jogging or marching, doing jumping jacks etc. Cardio burst will double burning of fat to speed up the loss of fat and slim down your belly.
- Warm up or cool down by stepping or marching side to side for 5 minutes at starting and at the end of the workout.
- Every exercise that is shown below should be down 12 to 15 times.
Belly Exercises with an Exercise Ball
At first, you need to purchase an exercise ball. Most of them need a 22 inch i.e., 55 cm stable ball. People under foot 1 inch need 18 inches or 45 cm ball. If you are less than 5 foot 8 inch you need 26 inches or 65 cm ball. The ball should be burst resistant and blown firm enough.
1. Ball Curling
This exercise targets your abdominal muscles particularly the upper abdomen, hips as well as core muscles to make toned and flat abs. Follow below steps to do it.
- At first, you need to sit on the ball properly.
- Walk forward sitting on the ball and roll the torso down until the butt is off from the ball as shown in the figure.
- Staying in that pose, make sure that your middle and lower are on the ball and both the feet together.
- Now, place your hands under your head and lean back by pressing your upper into the ball.
- Next, exhale, contract your abs and move forward till your back lifts away from the ball.
To make this easy, keep your feet wider than your hip width for more stability and fold your arms over your chest. If you want to make this harder, keep one leg straight and balance on one foot. Your can witch legs in between.
2. Alternative One Arm with Leg Extension
This exercise targets you lower and upper back, hamstrings, buttock muscles and most of the group muscles of your body. Do it as follows.
- At first, make the ball stable and lie atop on the ball with your belly pressed against the ball and make your body firmly balanced over it.
- Now, exhale and raise one arm forward by lifting your opposite leg outside.
- Stay a while and come to the first position while you inhale.
- You can repeat this with your alternate limbs.
3. Ball Jack Knife
This exercise targets your hips and belly. So, this is one of the belly exercises that you must do. To do this exercise, follow below steps.
- Start this by placing ankle on the exercise ball by facing your chest towards the floor extending your legs and hands on the floor as shown in the picture.
- Staying on this extended hands, concentrate on your body weight and exhale by rolling your body inwards also by bending your hips and knees.
- Stay a while in this pose and then move them back to the original pose inhaling. Throughout the exercise your need to maintain a straight posture.
4. Rock and Roll
This exercise concentrates mainly on chest, shoulder, abdomen, back and other muscles of your body. Follow below steps to do this exercise.
- Start it on your knees keeping your legs hip-width apart.
- Place the fists on the exercise ball which is in front of you.
- Keep your body in a line from head to your knees from bending pose and keep the abs tight as much as possible.
- Now, lean forward and roll the ball onto forearms.
- Stay there for 1 second and then roll back to original pose.
5. Reverse Crunch
This exercise targets your buttocks, inner thighs, and back muscles. Start it off like this.
- Lie back on the floor and keep your body straight throughout.
- Keep the hands behind your head.
- Hold the ball with your legs below the knees while keeping your neck in line with your backbone and this makes it harder.
- Now, bring the thighs closer holding the ball to press it firmly while lifting your back from the ground. If you want to make it easier just contract the abs and lift the ball off from the floor.
- Stay for a while and lower down your body back to the original pose while releasing the grasp on the ball.
These are the five exercises that you can do using an exercise ball to flatten your belly faster. Before you do these exercises follow the instructions and take the help of your cardio or aerobics master. They can guide you well. These exercises will certainly flatten your belly if done properly. So, start them today and do them regularly to see the miracle just in two weeks.