All You Need to know about Capsicum
Capsicum is an herb also known as chili pepper or red pepper. This is used for solving various health issues that are related to stomach such as stomach upset, stomach pain, cramps, intestinal gas and diarrhea etc. It is also used for solving many other health conditions that are associated with heart as well as blood vessels such as more blood clotting, poor circulation and also prevents heart diseases. Apart from this there are many uses of using capsicum. There are even side effects of using it. To know about these details continue reading the article.
Uses or Benefits of Using Capsicum:
- Capsicum is likely to be effective for psoriasis, nerve pain because of diabetes, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) etc. This is when you apply it in the affected area. The active ingredients capsaicin is approved by FDA for using it for these purposes.
- The juice of the capsicum can prevent nose bleeding. As it is rich in vitamin C it can strengthen the heels, repair them and builds the mucous membranes lining. You can even mix it with lotus juice for better result.
- It blocks the transmission of cramps. Relives pain till some extent.
- It is known to be effective for reducing migraines as well as headaches.
- You can use it to treat the sprains, sore back muscles and many more.
- Eating capsicum can help improve your cardiovascular health by bringing down the blood pressure.
- It even prevents the heart strokes and attacks as it lowers the levels of cholesterol too.
- Capsicum can break down the deposits of cholesterol in the body.
- By lowering the triglycerides, it can increase the body’s metabolism which even can burn out the calories.
- It is known to have the effect of laxative which helps people who are suffering from constipation.
- Capsicum has antiseptic properties which can help treat food poisoning.
- It can prevent fungal and yeast infections like ringworm's, shingles and many more.
- It can strengthen the immune system of your body. The vitamin C present in capsicum can stimulate the white blood cells for fighting against the infection.
- The high content of beta carotene and vitamin C present in capsicum prevents many eye problems like macular degeneration, cataracts and astigmatism.
- It can repair the tissues that are worn out of stomach and intestine. It also helps in eliminating wastes as well as for absorbing the nutrients.
- Capsicum prevents the issues related to respiration such as asthma, wheezing, lung infections etc. and this is because of flavonoids and vitamin C present in the vegetable.
These are various benefits and uses of the capsicum. So, you can try this vegetable if you have any of the above mentioned health issues. But it also gives some side effects too. So before using it, you must know about those side effects also.
Things to Know About Capsicum before Using:
Capsicum is not recommended for using when you have following problems and they are:
- If you have any allergic reactions with any ingredient present in the capsicum avoid it.
- Capsicum shouldn’t be used for children especially who are young.
- Using capsicum is not suggested for breast feeding mothers and pregnant women.
- Don’t apply this capsicum to broken or else damaged skin.
- It might increase the bleeding during or else after the surgery completion. So, avoid it during that time.
Even this vegetable will interact with some of the medical conditions such as mentioned below:
- If you are breast feeding or if you are planning for pregnancy or a pregnant, the vegetable can interact with this condition.
- If you are having allergies related to foods or medicines or any other substances particularly bananas, latex, kiwi, avocado.
- If you have stomach problems, ulcers or other syndromes.
- If you are taking any medications or any other dietary supplements.
- If you are taking medications for slow blood clotting or medications related to high blood pressure.
- If you are using cocaine or theophylline.
Any of the above things can interact with capsicum. Apart from this there are many other interactions. To know completely about this ask your doctor and ensure whether to take, change, stop or start the usage of any medicine. It even have some of the side effects, so all those and check whether you can take capsicum or not with your doctor.
Side Effects of Capsicum Usage:
As of now not all the capsicum side effects are noticed or reported. But few of them are listed below. So know them and even ask your doctor to know more about it before you take it in the form of medicine. Some of the side effects of capsicum include:
- You may have allergic reactions with capsicum. But they are rare. You can even feel the severe allergic reactions by signs such as swelling in lips, tongue, hives or face; problem in breathing and while closing the throat. If you have severe allergic reactions better seek the help of a doctor.
- There are also less serious side effects that are noticed and they are heartburn, diarrhea, stomach upset and burning sensation in throat, mouth and in skin contact.
Taking capsicum in large quantities or for long time can also lead to many side effects. So, better avoid if you feel that you will get these reactions or side effects.
This is all about the capsicum that you should know if you are planning to use it for any health related problems. So know this and use it in a proper way under the doctor’s consultation. Hope, this information would help you a lot.